Aspiring Innkeepers

Where do you begin when opening a B&B, Inn or small lodging property? There are typically 5 key components needed before you should host the traveling public:

  1. Zoning
  2. Business License
  3. State Tax ID Number
  4. Health Inspection
  5. Commercial Liability Insurance

You might also need to collect and pay Occupancy or Food Taxes, obtain a Liquor License through the VABC, be inspected by a Fire Marshall or apply for a Special Use Permit (SUP). Each property or business, as well as the county and city are different. Join StayVA as an aspiring member to receive one-on-one support as you prepare to open your doors to travelers.

Looking to purchase a property? Visit our Properties For Sale page.

Thinking about a job at an established business is the place to start? Look at the openings on our Job Board.

To join the StayVA as an Aspiring Innkeeper join online here.

Aspiring Members receive:

• Email newsletters

• Assistance from StayVA office with getting started

• Participate in regional meetings

• Access to Members Only website with resources

Membership Level