Ebenezer House B&B
The Ebenezer House, a country chalet, was once the Ebenezer Methodist Church in Culpeper, Virginia, built in 1901.The first land for the church was purchased with five dollar cash in hand, one Bay Horse called Tom, One McCormick Binder, One McCormick Mower, One Bickford huffman Drill and One Studebaker. The church was dismantled in 1984 by Richard Gordon, a well known Madison, Virginia cabinet and furniture joiner (Phineas Rose Wood Joinery) who moved the building to the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in beautiful Madison County, near the Rapidan River, just 500 feet off of US Route 29 onto 621, West.
The house was beautifully renovated in to a Bed and Breakfast and appointed with family antiques in 2002.
The Great Room with a wood burning stove consists of a formal living room, library with game table and a formal dining room opening onto the downstairs deck with a pond.
A 1900 sf addition was built in 2007-8 in keeping with the original building’s style and history.
The addition houses staff quarters and a handicap room for guest with disabilities.
The Ebenezer House is located in Central Virginia’s Piedmont Valley. Central Virginia is known for snow skiing, golf courses, hiking, trail & road biking, fox hunting, beagling, many wineries and vineyards and many historic land marks; such as Monticello (home of Tomas Jefferson), Montpelier (home of James Madison), Ash Lawn – Highland (home of James Monroe) and the trail of hallowed ground (Civil War battle fields and sites).