Ebenezer House B&B
The Ebenezer House, a country chalet, was once the Ebenezer Methodist Church in Culpeper, Virginia, built in 1901.The first land for the church was purchased with five dollar cash in hand, one Bay Horse called Tom, One McCormick Binder, One McCormick Mower, One Bickford huffman Drill and One Studebaker. The church was dismantled in 1984 by Richard Gordon, a well known Madison, Virginia cabinet and furniture joiner (Phineas Rose Wood Joinery) who moved the building to the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in beautiful Madison County, near the Rapidan River, just 500 feet off of US Route 29 onto 621, West.
The house was beautifully renovated in to a Bed and Breakfast and appointed with family antiques in 2002.
The Great Room with a wood burning stove consists of a formal living room, library with game table and a formal dining room opening onto the downstairs deck with a pond.
A 1900 sf addition was built in 2007-8 in keeping with the original building’s style and history.
The addition houses staff quarters and a handicap room for guest with disabilities.
The Ebenezer House is located in Central Virginia’s Piedmont Valley. Central Virginia is known for snow skiing, golf courses, hiking, trail & road biking, fox hunting, beagling, many wineries and vineyards and many historic land marks; such as Monticello (home of Tomas Jefferson), Montpelier (home of James Madison), Ash Lawn – Highland (home of James Monroe) and the trail of hallowed ground (Civil War battle fields and sites).
Wine and Polo at King Family Vineyard
Acoustic Brunch Sundays at Devils Backbone Brewing Company
The Crozet Hop On Tour
- Advance reservations require a 50% deposit.
- Reservations are confirmed by e-mail when payment is received, the balance due upon arrival. Virginia sales tax of 5.3% and a local Madison County tax of 5.0% will be added to all lodging.
- If it is necessary to cancel your reservations it must be done at least ten days in advance for a full refund of your deposit less any bank fees.
- If cancellation is less than ten days, a deposit refund will not be made unless we are able to rent your room to another party. We will make every effort to do so.
- If we are unable to rent our room, your deposit will be forfeited however, if you are able to come at a later date you will be given credit for your previously paid security deposit.
- Non-arrivals, without notification, will be billed to full amount of the reservation.
- If the Ebenezer House cancels your visit due to an emergency, your deposit will be refunded or you may schedule another date if you choose.
- There are several area events, such as local graduations, etc, that require long term advance reservations and equally long term cancellation, please call or email for details.
- All guest cancellation refunds are subject to all bank/merchant credit card fees.
- Check in time: Any time after 4:00pm. Wine and cheese will be served in the living room between 4:00 and 6:00pm. Check out time is 11:00am.