Nut Crusted Rockfish
Recipe Submitted by the Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles B&B
Ingredients10 oz Blue Crab Bay Co. Surf Doggies Peanuts
2 T all purpose flour
2 t Blue Crab Bay Co Garlic Herb Seasoning
1 t salt
1 t fresh ground pepper
1 t cayenne pepper (optional)
4 6-oz fillets
1/2 c butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place Surf Doggies in food processor and pulse until finely chopped but NOT powdered.
- Add flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and pulse briefly to blend.
- Pour mix into a wide shallow bowl or pie pan.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl.
- Place fish fillets on paper towel to remove excess water
- Dip fillet into beaten eggs then dip into the pistachio mix to coat completely.
- Press the pistachio crust firmly onto the flesh and aside on a sheet of wax paper. (It is helpful to put the fish on the wax paper, folded over and pressed nuts into flesh so they don’t stick to your fingers)
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat and add fish fillets.
- Brown them lightly, turning once (3-4 min each side)
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake about 15 min.